Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elwood Cohen
Dr. Elwood Cohen, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Lake Arrowhead, CA. He has 57 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine & OMM. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with St Jude Medical Center and Mountains Community Hospital. Dr. Cohen has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Elwood Cohen has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine & OMM
Dr. Elwood Cohen has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Elwood Cohen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 43
Dr. Cohen has seen me through several very traumatic physical traumas, a very severe case of Shingles; and a horrific scalding on my lap, legs and derriere. I am deeply grateful for his expertise, his attentive, watchful care. He helped me recover within a reasonable amount of time, with far better results than I could ever hope for! In my estimation he is the best doctor in the world! Thank you, Dr. Cohen!
The staff is disorganized..have attitudes and are very unprofessional. Went to Dr. Cohen to bring my mother in who has Alzheimer's and also a low thyroid condition requiring medication. The wait was long in the office and then another long wait when left in a room for the appointment. Dr. Cohen was abrupt when he could not at first find her chart, also he gave the wrong milligrams for her thyroid condition which I brought to the attention of staff who corrected the mistake before calling in the prescription. My mother had a second visit...with another long wait. Recently I and my brother who are her caretakers were both sick with bronchitis and called the office to request extending her prescription without bringing her in until we felt better, as she is also wheelchair bound and requires lifting. The office manager was told of our situation and request for extension of her prescription and said she would talk to Dr. Cohen. She did not call back...so again the next day we called again and this time were told she was helping with a patient and would call back....again no response,,,day three again no response after calling again....never again would I bring my Mother to Dr. Cohen...totally unprofessional staff that could care less about the patient.......
I've been seeing Dr. Cohen for 6 years, and know first hand he is an excellent and caring physician! Also, his staff members are very courteous and friendly. I had to comment, especially after I read those ridiculous negative comments about the good doctor and his staff. Yes, the wait can be long at times, but that what you get when you're seeing one of the best and most popular physicians on the mountain.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
57 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1961
Dr. Elwood Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKevin Ray Herrick Md, 29099 Hospital Rd Ste 204, Lake Arrowhead, CA
Dr. Elwood Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Arrowhead, CA.