Dr. Emelya M Ahadian Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Emelya M Ahadian?

Very dismissive doctor

Very poor. After bringing in a list of symptoms all pointing to hypothyroidism (pain, exhaustion, difficulty concentrating, to name a few). She dismissed me, telling me everyone feels as exhausted as I do, and that I just needed to exercise more. Refused a specific thyroid test (TPO Ab) I asked for, again telling me I was completely healthy because I didn't have a family history of thyroid disorders. I changed doctors, knowing I was not fine. The new doctor (in the same medical group) suggested the blood test before I could even tell her that the previous dr. had refused it. It came back positive for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Normal range 0-60, mine was over 250. Beware that this doctor will dismiss your knowledge of your own body.

She is the Dr. for my father-in-law (Ralph Fulmer). Dr Ahadian is very patient with his and our concerns about his care.

I liked the doctor a lot. I spoke to her in her office at length prior to the exam. She told me she does this with patient so they are not in the exam room sitting naked trying to explain their concerns. That is respect for the patient! Good job

Do not recommend

I saw her name in the San Diego Magazine for best doctor. I think there must be a mistake because her bedside manner needs major improvement. She has given me advice that was wrong and each visit I had with her she seems to be in a hurry and not very helpful. I felt that if I didn't ask the right questions, I wouldn't get any information. Maybe it's just a personality clash but I found a different doctor.

HORRIBLE DOCTOR

I had to wait forever, and then she did not even listen to my problems. She never stopped talking and before I knew it she was on her way out the door. I have no idea what she even said to me. I will never go back to that quack again!

Very pleasant to work with. She is not afraid to be direct when required.

f

I felt like I was going to die last year. Deep depression. All Kaiser does is put a bandaid on everything. Dr. A talks to me, asks me questions, took tests, sent me to specialists for special pain issues. Now I feel like a new person. I think she is extremely caring and spot on.

SAVED MY LIFE!

I had to switch doctors because my other doctor gave up on me. IMMEDIATELY, once doctor Ahadian looked at my labs she fully understood what was wrong with me. The Symbistatin the previous doctor had (by the way increased the dosage) been giving me for high cholesterol was in essence poisoning me. The "bad" doctor was informed a month and a half before that I was experiencing extreme complications which Dr. Ahadian immediately recognized and reversed by withdrawing that medication from my therapy. I still have one lasting side-effect from the med ravaging the muscle in my right thigh. But I owe a lot to this doctor being on her game. I don't understand why she has such a low score on this site but I think she is extremely thorough and mindful of keeping her patients out of pain. I am willing to travel several miles to see her.

not recommended

I was a NEW patient to this office with recent history of breast cancer and non healing reconstruction. Dr. Ahadian never had me undress, never checked my wounds or did a breast exam? Needless to say I found a different Dr,!

Patient confidentiality

She shared my personal information.DO NOT TRUST THIS DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!