Dr. Emil W Chynn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Emil W Chynn?

The Best Place to have your Vision Corrected

Park Avenue Lasek is the only place around where you can have a refractive surgery or correction for your eyes without blade. It is a more advanced technique than Lasik. Dr. Chynn is probably the most experienced refractive surgeon in the US. He completed his BS in Biology from the Dartmouth College and his MD from the Columbia Medical School which is a very hard school to get into and graduated with honors and did his Residency at the most prestigious place in the US for Ophthalmology Residency: Harvard University's Massachusetts Eye & Ear. I have heard Dr. Chynn since long but I was rejected by too many doctors because my Astigmatism is so severe so I was afraid that he will reject me. And, at one point I was about to come to him but I went to Dr. Bonanni who accepted me. But, Dr. Bonnani passed away like last year because of Accident. Dr. Chynn has been a pioneer since the Lasik technique was invented at the Columbia Medical School and also when LASEK was invented at Harvard. When I came, there were a lot of people coming from far including Chicago and Europe just to have the surgery with Dr. Chynn. Dr. Chynn said: he can regain my sight into 20/20 for both eyes while Dr. Bonnani the only person who accepted me said: he can only regain my sight into 15/20 and 18/20. Dr. Bonnani said he was very sure that nobody can regain my sight into 20/20. But, Dr. Chynn said he could. After comparing, I believe Dr. Chynn credentials is way above Dr. Bonnani. I wish I had met him earlier or gave it a chance last 2 years. I believe my sight would have been 20/20 by now. Dr. Chynn could solve my problem, I am very optimistic he could solve your Eye problems also.

Excellent

The staffs and the doctor here are very helpful. Great service. Happy with my lasek .

It’s a good office! Can’t wait for my surgery on Thursday!

was actually in the office on the day of cindy's appointment and saw the entire crazy interaction. I was just there for a post-op following my LASEK (which went great, I'm 20/20 btw and dont reading or distance glasses even though I'm in my fifties) If you look at the other reviews it's clear she is crazy and almost non-coherent which is what she is like in person too. She took around three hours of Dr Chynn's time with crazy questions that made no sense, was borderline hysterical and even after Dr Chynn had answered her questions beyond what could be reasonable expected of any sane individual, she circled around the block and came back. Dr Chynn and the staff have the patience of saints to deal with this crazy individual.

Perfect vision

Dr Chynn did my LASEK surgery in Autumn 2016 and the change to my vision is nothing less than miraculous! My office is near his and not only can I now see the individual leaves on the trees, but the smallest detail on the highly decorative Flatiron building.

We have had a 2+ year relationship with Dr Chynn and will continue to do so for a multitude of reasons! My husband first saw him two years ago. He suffered from poor vision and also had a service related injury to one of his eyes. He purposely sought out Dr Chynn at Park Avenue Lasek because he offers a non cut procedure which offers no scarring. He had his procedure and walked out with 20/15 both eyes that day! During the consult, the procedure, and the after care, Dr Chynn and his staff were attentive, knowledgeable, and informative. They ALWAYS had his best interest in mind. After the surgery, my husband contracted a fungus in his eye from his employment. Dr Chynn once again went above and beyond to ensure my husbands eye was healthy. He did not HAVE to help us, but he wanted to and he made sure we had necessary information in order to make proper choices. Fast forward to present day. My husband once again suffered an eye injury from work. (Don't worry there is a career change in the near future) We once again reached out to Dr Chynn who has thankfully been thoroughly involved in addressing the injury. During his care with Dr Chynn for this injury, unfortunately our 2 yr old daughter was in a serious accident and obtained trauma to her face which requires reconstructive surgery. Once Dr Chynn found out what had happened, he offered to help us find the best plastic surgeon to help her. That's right-he took his personal time to help provide us with imperative information to help our daughter. Dr Chynn has always gone above and beyond for us and we are very grateful for that! Not using Dr Chynn would mean you are doing yourself a disservice. If you're looking for the best 'deal' or someone who makes you feel like their best friend and not a patient and don't care about your eye sight, then please use groupon. If you're looking for medically accurate and expertise of an actual MD of someone who will always go the extra step and mile for you, then you're looking for Dr Chynn. Eye sight isn't something to skimp on. If you get it wrong you can lose it forever. Trust me when I say you want to use Dr Chynn and only Dr Chynn at Park Avenue Lasek. Dr Chynn, you and your staff are godsends. THANK YOU!!

I greatly enjoyed my experience. Dr. Chynn and his staff were wonderful. They took me through each step and answered all my questions. They made it a very comfortable experience. I now have perfect vision that I can enjoy everyday.

Dr. Chynn and his team were amazing. Very helpful and highly professional. I recommend to everybody. extremely on point and a perfectionist as a function of his stellar training at institutions like Harvard, Dartmuth and Columbia. At the end of the day, I would prefer to choose my surgeon based on his skills/expertise and far less so on personality type. You certainly wouldn't go to the fluffiest cardiologist if you had a heart attack and the bottom line is this is surgery on your eyes and you need to think about it the same way as any non-elective surgical procedure. Choose based on skill and experience like any medical procedure.

The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The office is modern and easily accessible. Dr CHYNN is top notch-professional ,experienced, and easy to work with. Fantastic results!

I got my eyes done in early jan of 2016, and it is the best thing I have ever done. My vision is 20/10 all the time, when it was 20/50 before and way worse at night. If you follow the pre and post op instructions religiously and understand that this procedure takes time to heal you will love these results. I am beyond happy.

Lasek - The best decision I ever made

You will want to know that my procedure with Dr Chynn is one of the best decisions of my life. I am 69 years old and had reservations about whether someone my age should undergo the LASEK procedure or any type of laser vision correction. Before my LASEK, I had to use two different sets of glasses all day long [my prescription reading pair glasses also had a 10% band across the top of the lens for short- distance vision ]. The 2nd pair was for distance vision]. Since having the LASEK procedure, I do not need any glasses at all! It is an invaluable difference for daily living, even mystifying, to now be able to read the smallest print like I could 30 years ago. I am proof that age is not an issue for Lasek. I was quite scared before my procedure and definitely didn't want a cutting procedure like LASIK especially as I was afraid of having issues with dry eyes after the procedure because of my age. Because there is no flap cut in LASEK, it doesn't cause dry eye problems. Dr. Chynn responds to your email concerns, questions before the end of each day. I was fortunate to meet him at a function for Dartmouth alums over 20 years ago, and I learned that he has four other degrees as well, Harvard, Columbia, Emory and NYU so his education and training are second to none! If you are contemplating the Lasek procedure with Dr. Chynn, you cannot go wrong. He is the most responsive Doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and his dedication to making his patients comfortable and happy is truly remarkable. PS - My wife says I am a fuss budget about my health and maybe she is right! Dr. Chynn and his staff had to endure many follow up visits and phone calls and email queries from me. At no time did anyone express exasperation dealing with my concerns, which is another positive for Dr. Chynn’s operation. Overall, I urge anyone who thought they were too old to lose the glasses/didn't think LASEK could fix reading issues/afraid of cutting procedure/afraid of dry eyes to give Dr Chynn a call. They'll even show you how you will see for both distance and near after the procedure.

I think this is a horrible place where the doctor lacks compassion on all levels. I feel sorry for his demoralize staff!