Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Emil C Gotschlich MD
Dr. Emil C Gotschlich, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, ME, with another office in Portland, ME. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Gotschlich is affiliated with Maine Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Emil C Gotschlich has 2 locations
84 Marginal Way Ste 1000
Portland, ME 04101
Book Online Now
Dr. Emil C Gotschlich has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Emil C Gotschlich has the following 13 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
Dr. Emil C Gotschlich is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Gotschlich is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Emil C Gotschlich Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
- Anthem Pathway Enhanced - ME
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced/Ind Guided Access ME
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Emil C Gotschlich
My name is Emil Gotschlich. I have been practicing obstetrics and gynecology in Portland, Maine for 20 years. My area of special focus and interest is minimally invasive surgery, the treatment of female incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. I moved to Maine and met my wife 24 years ago. We live in Gorham with our two teenage children and spend our free time enjoying the beauty of Maine, gardening and trying to be great parents. I love to cook and take that entirely too seriously as you can see from my picture. I take great pride in spending enough time with my patients so that they can be as comfortable as possible with what are often very personal and private issues. It is always my goal to have those women seeking my help with their medical issues feel that they have been listened to and played an active role in their medical decisions.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Emil C Gotschlich, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Portland, ME, in this video.
Dr. Emil C Gotschlich is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Portland, ME.