Dr. Emilio Melchionna Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Emilio Melchionna?

Posted on July 21st, 2015

This Dr cannot make a correct diagnosis. In the ER I was told I definitely did not have a seizure, I went to his office and was told I definitely had a seizure, even though he did not do new testing. He sends me for testing which showed I did not have a seizure but he wants me to take seizure medication for life. My daughter spoke to him on the phone and then said he was not sure it was a seizure, even though the tests show it was not. He says he wants to see me back in a year, gives me medication with no refill, and when questions on a cancellation his receptionist is very RUDE. You are on hold for a long time to talk to her. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DR TO EVEN MY ENEMY. In order to get to the bottom of my diagnosis I had to go to a different Neurologist.

A brain sleuth

Posted on June 24th, 2015

A true modern day detective who works on your issue until a satisfactory diagnoses has been reached. I like his thinking aloud as he pursues all possible avenues leading to his conclusions.

Wouldn't Recommend to Anyone

Posted on June 7th, 2013

Seems like the reviews for this guy are all over the board but unfortunately, mine was horrible as well. Not only was he not helpful in terms of assisting my medical care, he was actually detrimental. He wouldn't listen when I tried to describe my symptoms, consistently interrupted me. He basically told me he had no idea what was going on so he was going to guess it was one diagnosis. Then he would jump onto another diagnosis without any change in evidence and get extremely defensive when I asked for his rational. He also said and I quote, "I prayed to be able to heal this woman" (mind you I was sitting right there). He also literally said, "I need you to want to be helped in order to help you." Basically, accusing me of blocking my own health care when all I was trying to do was describe symptoms so I could get help. All I can say is be careful with this man and cautious of any diagnosis as his bedside manner is horrendous and his ability to rationally diagnosis limited.

one of the best

Posted on April 25th, 2013

I met Dr. Melchionna as a result of my 21 year old daughter's hand abnormalities. Generally speaking, in my experience doctors are prone to being patronizing, dismissive (or alternately, alarmist), and frequently disconnected from the patient's experience. Imagine my surprise when Dr. Melchionna spent nearly an hour talking with my daughter, putting her at ease, reassuring her, providing an initial diagnosis, explaining the follow up testing needed, answering all of her questions and asking many of his own. He was patient, thorough, knowledgable, caring, relaxed, professional and far exceeded all of my expectations. Although we're still at the beginning of the process, I'm very grateful that my daughter is able to have such a positive initial experience with the medical system and that I know she's in such competent and kind hands.

Posted on November 10th, 2012

Wonderful physician, really cares about how you are doing and fixing the issues. Takes his time listening to you and working with you to develop a plan. Its hard to come across doctors like Dr. Melchionna. I highly recommend him.

Posted on June 13th, 2012

I have always had positive experiences when seeing Dr. Melchionna. He is always caring, engaging and informative. I definitely recommend his services.

No need to go to Boston.

Posted on January 21st, 2012

By far the best neurological care outside of Boston. Dr. Mel is intuitive, patient, and knowledgeable.

The Best Doctor You Never Wanted to See

Posted on December 9th, 2011

Dr. Melchionna is an ace; he'll tell you what you need to hear whether or not it's what you want to hear. All doctors should be more like him.

Posted on June 25th, 2011

rude and jumped to conclusions about problems without asking enough questions. I'm now looking for another doctor.

Great place to be treated

Posted on June 15th, 2011

Dr. Melchionna is a straight-shooting, yet caring physician. I appreciated his honesty in diagnosing my MS, and wouldn't wanted him to be any other way. Would be nice to have more time with him, but I understand that he is swamped with patients, so what else can he do but be streamlined in his approach? when diagnosed with MS I was told by a friend who had gone to Boston for the same thing that she should have stayed in Springfield because we already have THE BEST MS doc around.

no "bedside manner"

Posted on October 6th, 2010

I have no idea which doctor these other patients were seeing. This doctor was traumatizing to me. His staff were inhuman.There was no compassion to be found anywhere, anyhow. He was exceptionally arrogant, recommended inessential tests and then did not assist in setting them up with the doctors he wanted me to see. He told me that my diagnosis was permanent, that I would "never get better". When I got out, I was shaking, crying for hours. Is he a split personality or something?

Father and Daughter

Posted on August 3rd, 2010

Dr. Emilio Melchionna is one of the most caring, compassionate people I have meet in a long time. My father was diagnosed with Parkinsons years ago, and Dr. Melchionna made us more aware of the Disease and it progression. Thank you Dr. Melchionna