Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Emily A Carrico has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Emily A Carrico has the following 3 expertise
Showing 2 of 2
Ms. Carrico was and absolute displeasure to be around. She was rude, unhelpful, and basically accused me of making up a fake illness in the emergency room, despite having spent several days in the hospital with a life threatening hemorrhage in the days prior. I was sent to the ER closest to my home per my regular OBGYN's urging and unfortunately complied. She more than once asked me if I was a drug seeker, was extremely rude to my family that was there for support, and could have cared less that I was a patient of hers. I hold doctorate in Biology, and she spoke to me like I was an incompetent teenager. I understand in downtown Portland emergency rooms, there are a lot of sketchy people coming in and out, and it was clear I was not one of them. I never once asked for pain medication and expressed great concern that I wanted to fix the problem at hand. It wasn't until she spoke to my family and primary OB that she began to treat me with a little bit of respect. I would NEVER recommend her to anyone that needs serious help from an intelligent physician. Doctors should be good at what they do, and also love what they do enough to treat those who are in a situation of peril (as well as their family members there for support) with the respect that the deserve, if they are clearly there because they HAVE to be, not because they are looking for a pain medication fix. Absolutely disgusted by her attitude and hope to never experience anything like that again.
21 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Oregon Health & Science University
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Emily A Carrico is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.