Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Emily M Ko has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
Showing 2 of 2
Diagnosis me with endometriosis adenomyosis from a d&c, which is impossible to do without a hysterectomy(which I did not have). Either the pathologist is lying or she's embellishing to get me to agree to a hysterectomy. A month later, she gets her nurse to call me...for what? Ladies, please be extremely careful when going to Penn Medicine in Philadelphia.
She doesn't read any ultrasounds, instead she depends on what the radiologist(the dr.) writes. By her not viewing my ultrasounds, it let to me having an unnecessary procedure. Also, she doesn't acknowledge symptoms when you have none. She base her surgeries on what the doctor report in the radiology department, which is bad if the radiologist misdiagnosis you, like I was. Please be careful and she has a problem with being on time for surgery too. And she will come with an attitude because the other doctors are calling on her for being extremely late. Again be careful with her and other penn medicine doctors.
13 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Emily M Ko accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPenn Medicine Washington Square, 800 Walnut St Fl 10, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Emily M Ko is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.