Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Emily Y Liu MD
Dr. Emily Y Liu has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Emily Y Liu has the following 13 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
Showing 5 of 10
Actually not even worthy of 1 star
Self-verified patient of Dr. Emily Y Liu - Posted on February 10th, 2019
This is the first bad review I’ve given anyone, but my experience with Dr Lui was so upsetting, I can’t let it go without comment. During my appointment with her, she was very rude, brushed aside anything I said, & spent most of the appointment complaining about how busy she is. I’ll be looking for another endrochronologist.
wait wait wait
Self-verified patient of Dr. Emily Y Liu - Posted on September 18th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Emily Y Liu - Posted on May 16th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Emily Y Liu - Posted on February 4th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Emily Y Liu - Posted on June 3rd, 2014
Very long office waits from half hour to one hour. No social interaction with patients. Very defensive and does not let patient share their experiences with regards to medical condition. If sugars are high for one day - you eat too much! If sugars are low - eat a snack! There are no comments if you are managing well and have had a good management period. Dr. Liu needs to improve her interpersonal skills with her patients. She has many unhappy patients who feel they need to find another doctor. As a professional, she treats me like I have a 6th grade ability to understand my condition.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
25 Years Experience
Beijing Medical College
Graduated in 1994
New York University
Dr. Emily Y Liu Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPENTUCKET MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, 500 Merrimack St, Lawrence, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Emily Y Liu, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Lawrence, MA, in this video.
Dr. Emily Y Liu is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lawrence, MA.