Dr. Emily A Morin Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Emily A Morin?

Truly professional, personable and does her best to meet your needs.

Can't figure out my contact lens prescription after 3 visits, several months

I visited the office 3 times. The first time was for the annual exam. She barely looked at my face outside of checking me eyes and complained about feeling full from lunch. The second time she changed my prescription because the first prescription was bad. I began to feel very stressed out about the months that had passed with the whole world looking strange. The third prescription was with a different contact lens brand--it is okay, but there are still problems. I don't live in Bethesda and driving there again and again, though the fixes are free of charge (so that was right of them) and wasting money on contact lenses, is just really upsetting; the receptionist laughed once when I called to express my contact prescription wasn't working. And then she hung up. I told Morin and she got upset with me, telling me she can't apologize for anyone else, which I knew, but I thought she would care. She also made fun of me during the last exam ("I don't care if you can see with one eye closed because that's not how you look at screens normally"--even though I feel I have been extremely patient with her about this, never yelling or getting furious, even though I have never experienced this many mistakes with an eye doctor before in my entire life and in NYC. The office doesn't return my call if I leave a message. They don't follow up about the contact lens I have to return that cost me but can't be used. They are rude. If I politely ask the receptionist when I will see the doctor because 12 or more minutes have passed, she gets upset with me :| And doesn't seem remotely upset about the inconvenience. I then began to wonder if this is why there were no other patients who looked like me there: black woman. I don't know why this has been a 4 month long nightmare but I'm not a special case!

Excellent eye doctor with great charisma and a wonderful staff!

Ms

Great doctor, very well informed and trying hard to solve her patients problems. Available when needed and caring.

Dr. Emily Ash Morin

Excellent surgeon. Communicates beautifully. I have complete confidence in her and highly recommend her.

Besides excellent diagnosis and treatment, she referred retina problems to retina specialist. Excellent professional physician.

Great encounter

I have seen Dr Morin for years and have always been impressed by her care, compassion and willingness to fit patients in whenever there is an emergency. She has treated me and several members of my family. Of course, when the eyes need dilated, it is a longer appointment but less wait time than in other offices I have been in. I would follow her anywhere!!!!!

Wonderful

I think Dr. Morin is wonderful. I couldn't disagree more with the few other posts. She is smart, careful, prompt, and considerate. I continue to see her because I never have to wait. In an out within an hour even when getting pupils dilated. Highly recommend!

great opthalmologist

dr. morin is always professional. concerned about my situation, and answers all of my questions. she takes the time to ask me about personal issues and i feel genuinely cares about my well being.

she forgot to ask me essential questions!

although she looks smart and very rich! I tend to believe she is horrible in diagnosis!

Professional

I found Dr. Morin very professional and she diagnosed my eye issue and explained it very well to me. She also is flexible and when I was fitted with contacts, met with me multiple times and was very patient.

Beware!!

I got stuck w/ Dr. Morin b/c of an urgent issue (my doctor, Dr. Mitchell who is great, was unavailable). Dr. Morin has the most careless & rude demeanor I have ever experienced from any doctor or dentist. At the start of the appt, I told her my concern (my contact broke in my eye & I felt like there was a piece in there scratching my eye). She does a very cursory basic exam, goes back to her desk starts scribbling, & tells me everything looks fine. I ask, "you didn't see any pieces of contact lens in there?". At which point she seemed to suddenly remember the issue at hand, and exclaimed, "oh! I didn't realize it was bothering you so much!" (HELLO??? urgent appt?? Why would I see her instead of my regular ophthalmologist if it wasn't bothering me so much?! And even if it wasn't bothering me, doesn't a contact breaking in the eye warrant checking under the eyelids??) So she comes back over obviously annoyed, ROUGHLY flips my eyelid, & proceeds to clumsily irrigate, sending fluid all over my clothes & into my ear. She is also very unprofessional. She seems to have her "favorites" (seemingly influential older men) who get a noticeably different demeanor from her, flirty almost. She called one such patient in ahead of me even though he just got there and a bunch of others (including myself) had been waiting for at least 30-45 minutes. And then after she was done seeing him, she stood around in the hallway, joking and schmoozing with him for 20 minutes despite a waiting rm full of people. I dont recommend her at all. Very unpleasant experience.

Dr. Emily A Morin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.