Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Emily K Serrano has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Not recommended. Near the end of 2016, suffering from acute back pain I sought help at Brockton Hospital. It appears that Dr. Serrano did not believe my symptoms. I could stand for one minute, walk for a few minutes and after that I’d collapse to the ground from increasing pain. Either she believed erroneously that I was a drug seeker or she’s a sadist. She tried to force me to sit, but I could not. She berated me, demanded that I sit, and as I lay on the ground, unable to stay standing, ignored my plea “Call 911, call the police.” Then she ordered me out of the hospital and forced me to take a cab. Over and over I said: “I cannot sit, I cannot take a cab.” But it was clear that I would be removed and looking so poorly, and fearing the police, or hospital security (who would they listen to now, outside the ED, with a cab waiting?) in desperation, I tried to use the cab but could not bend my legs. Someone forced my legs into the cab causing extreme pain. All this is recorded on security cameras and she will answer for her actions in front of a jury, and so will Brockton Hospital for not having protocols in place to protect a patient. The next day I called 911 and was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital, admitted, had a MRI & CAT and was diagnosed with severe bilateral neuroforaminal stenosis. After a spinal steroid shot I recovered. Dr. Serrano left me laying outside the ED on the concrete in 23 degree weather for about 15 minutes. She never even asked what I do for a job. I’m a licensed RN in both MA and NH. I’m 66 and unable to bathe, shower or stand for a few days I looked pretty bad that day—but that does NOT make me a narcotics seeker. I sought help and received ridicule, was assaulted, suffered battery, humiliated and damaged. Beware. Note: Truth is the absolute defense to defamation. My medical notes say nothing about my falls to the ground--this is lying by omission and Brockton Hospital knows this. There were several witnesses. This doctor will be judged by jury--the facts will prevail
15 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Emily K Serrano accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBrockton Hospital, 680 Centre St, Brockton, MA
Dr. Emily K Serrano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brockton, MA.