Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Emily X Sun
Dr. Emily X Sun, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fayetteville, NC, with other offices in Clinton, NC and Lumberton, NC . She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Sun is affiliated with Southeastern Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Emily X Sun has 3 locations
1740 Southeast Blvd
Clinton, NC 28328
810 Wesley Pines Rd
Lumberton, NC 28358
Book Online Now
Dr. Emily X Sun has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.<br>A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Emily X Sun has the following 9 expertise
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Dr. Sun is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Tongji Medical University
Graduated in 1990
University Of Rochester
Dr. Emily X Sun Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Emily X Sun, MD - Nephrology in Fayetteville, NC, in this video.
Dr. Emily X Sun is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fayetteville, NC.