Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Emily W Kim MD
Dr. Emily W Kim has 2 locations
3553 Whipple Rd
Union City, CA 94587
Dr. Emily W Kim has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Emily W Kim has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 2 of 2
Does Not Thrive
Self-verified patient of Dr. Emily W Kim - Posted on September 13th, 2019
When meeting with this Doctor all I could see in her face was discrimination through race and color. Job was taken some what serious due to not having the ability to recommend the best care for her patient. Instead of suggesting or think of what it could be causing the problem to the patients health and going further to find a solution, she suggests to keep it in observation and if it gets any worse to come back and take further action. Also one last comment is before they recommend any other medication for your loved one PLEASE have them check the medication on there file and make sure they are 100% if patient is able to take it. I would not recommend any elderly or loved one to be seen by her since she is incompetent so find better help else where.
World's best Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Emily W Kim - Posted on September 10th, 2016
Dr Kim has been my physician for the last 15+ years. Since day one she has always made feel like I was the only patient at that time. She faces me when she talks. Very polite. Very prompt to respond, and always explains if she has a delay. She understands my needs as well as my personal insecurities. I was a LVN by profession and, I am a good judge of character. Her nurse is very kind and professional. I have a saying, "Like priest, like people." Dr Kim respects my family, and remembers their name. I am obese, she is always accommodating, and looks out for me. She always refers me to the best Dr's for consults. I could go on and on about Dr. Kim, but these are a few reasons I have such respect for her.
34 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Emily W Kim Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Emily W Kim's office for more information.
3553 Whipple Rd Union City, CA 94587
3555 Whipple Rd Union City, CA : (510) 675-4010
More about Dr. Emily W Kim
An important part of being your physician is understanding who you are. That also means understanding how valuable your time is. My colleagues and I have developed My Doctor Online so you can e-mail me, check your lab results, make an appointment, access our many online programs or get information about a particular health topic any time its convenient for you.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Emily W Kim is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Union City, CA.