Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Emmanuel Alzona
Dr. Emmanuel Alzona, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Alzona is affiliated with Presence St Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center-Division St Campus, Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center-Claremont Ave Campus and Saint Mary of Nazareth Hospital. Dr. Alzona has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Emmanuel Alzona has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Emmanuel Alzona is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I must say that I was absolutely blown away with the great care and attention I received when I went in for a doctors appointment at the St. Elizabeth Hospital Ambulatory Service with Doctor Emmanuel Alzona. The receptionist, CNA's, Nurses, and Doctor Alzona were all patient, professional, and polite. Im usually quick to point out peoples shortcomings, but in this instance I was left astounded with the tremendous caliber of service I was given. For the first time since I can remember the doctor took the time to genuinely listen to my concerns, addressed each of them, and shared a clear and concise plan of remedy. Doctor Alzona sent my prescriptions directly to my pharmacy and they were ready for pick up within an hour of me leaving the doctors office.I cannot say enough about how grateful and lucky I am to have had such astonishing experience at St. Elizabeth Hospital Ambulatory Service with Doctor Emmanuel Alzona.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Alzona is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Presence St Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center-Division St Campus
Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center-Claremont Ave Campus
Saint Mary of Nazareth Hospital
Saint Anthony Hospital
Thorek Memorial Hospital
36 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1977
Edgewater Medical Center
Dr. Emmanuel Alzona accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsSaints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center-Claremont Ave Campus, 1431 N Claremont Ave, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Emmanuel Alzona in this video.
Dr. Emmanuel Alzona is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.