Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Emmanuel C Javier has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Emmanuel C Javier has the following 15 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
Dr. Emmanuel C Javier has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
Dr Javier has been caring for me for several years. However he has only kept the same course of treatment as prescribed by my previous endocrine team. After my last visit I will not return to him. Upon entering the office I could hear Dr Javier coughing and sneezing. When I was brought in by the receptionist I requested a mask to protect myself from illness. I guess they thought I was joking. While examining my thyroid I could feel his breath go past my face and though I was turned away I am now infected with the flu. After 4 days my 6 month old daughter also became sick. I feel that a doctor who is obviously sick should NOT treat patients. I'm highly disappointed in his discretions. Shame on you, doc!
Very incompetent endocrinologist, in my opinion. I almost died of adrenal crisis while in his care (which was only three weeks but it felt like the longest three weeks of my life). Thankfully, I studied medicine at MIT and was able to bring some of his test results (he lost a few of them), such as very low sodium levels (apparently, as an expert in adrenal disorders, he is completely unaware that low sodium is one the blood abnormalities found during adrenal crisis ) to my PCP and help her interpret them in the nick of time. She prescribed me glucocorticoids stat and literally saved my life. Also, he could use a refresher course in how to use Jostel's TSH Index, as my TSHI shows severe pituitary dysfunction and he attempted to convince me that I did not have a pituitary problem, but could have Grave's disease (despite negative antibodies?). I saw him because I was in a crisis and he was the only endocrinologist that would see me so fast. Plus, I live right down the street. I thought he would be at least as knowledgeable as I am, and would feel good about saving someone in crisis. But no, I was wrong. He would not listen to me at all. If you are in crisis, go to the ER. If you can wait one to three months, I hear that Connecticut Multispecialty Group in Hartford is very good with secondary adrenal insufficiency and secondary hypothyroidism. They also have some very brilliant female endocrinologists who really know their math.
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Emmanuel C Javier accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsSparrow Health System, 2900 Hannah Blvd Ste 114, East Lansing, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Emmanuel C Javier in this video.
Dr. Emmanuel C Javier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Lansing, MI.