Dr. Emmanuel Javier Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Emmanuel Javier?

Posted on March 4th, 2015

Dr Javier has been caring for me for several years. However he has only kept the same course of treatment as prescribed by my previous endocrine team. After my last visit I will not return to him. Upon entering the office I could hear Dr Javier coughing and sneezing. When I was brought in by the receptionist I requested a mask to protect myself from illness. I guess they thought I was joking. While examining my thyroid I could feel his breath go past my face and though I was turned away I am now infected with the flu. After 4 days my 6 month old daughter also became sick. I feel that a doctor who is obviously sick should NOT treat patients. I'm highly disappointed in his discretions. Shame on you, doc!

Failed to diagnose a severe adrenal crisis in me.

Posted on November 21st, 2014

Very incompetent endocrinologist, in my opinion. I almost died of adrenal crisis while in his care (which was only three weeks but it felt like the longest three weeks of my life). Thankfully, I studied medicine at MIT and was able to bring some of his test results (he lost a few of them), such as very low sodium levels (apparently, as an expert in adrenal disorders, he is completely unaware that low sodium is one the blood abnormalities found during adrenal crisis ) to my PCP and help her interpret them in the nick of time. She prescribed me glucocorticoids stat and literally saved my life. Also, he could use a refresher course in how to use Jostel's TSH Index, as my TSHI shows severe pituitary dysfunction and he attempted to convince me that I did not have a pituitary problem, but could have Grave's disease (despite negative antibodies?). I saw him because I was in a crisis and he was the only endocrinologist that would see me so fast. Plus, I live right down the street. I thought he would be at least as knowledgeable as I am, and would feel good about saving someone in crisis. But no, I was wrong. He would not listen to me at all. If you are in crisis, go to the ER. If you can wait one to three months, I hear that Connecticut Multispecialty Group in Hartford is very good with secondary adrenal insufficiency and secondary hypothyroidism. They also have some very brilliant female endocrinologists who really know their math.

Exelent MD.

Posted on November 8th, 2013

Dr. Manuel Javier is taking care my hypoglycimia for long time now. He's very inteligent and a nice doctor. I will recomend it to patients with problems with their pancreas.

Posted on October 26th, 2017