Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Emmanuel Nwamara-Aka
Dr. Emmanuel Nwamara-Aka, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fayetteville, NC. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Nwamara-Aka is affiliated with Behavioral Health Care of Cape Fear Valley, Cape Fear Valley Health System and Highsmith - Rainey Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Emmanuel Nwamara-Aka has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Nwamara-Aka is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Behavioral Health Care of Cape Fear Valley
Cape Fear Valley Health System
Highsmith - Rainey Memorial Hospital
Cape Fear Valley Medical Center
30 Years Experience
University Of Benin
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Emmanuel Nwamara-Aka accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1638 Owen Dr, Fayetteville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Emmanuel Nwamara-Aka in this video.
Dr. Emmanuel Nwamara-Aka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fayetteville, NC.