Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Emmett D Mckenzie
Dr. Emmett D Mckenzie, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), Pediatric Surgery and Surgery. Dr. Mckenzie has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Emmett D Mckenzie has the following 3 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Lung Transplantation
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Intraoperative Complications
- Heart Transplantation
- Aortic Coarctation
- Multiple Abnormalities
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
My child is living proof, he is no longer with Texas Childrens Hospital here in Houston, which makes my Heart ache. He performed all 4 open heart surgeries and also an pseudo aneurysm repair on our precious child Averi and she is thriving, however, she still is facing the Fontan surgery in the near future. I cannot imagine anyone else doing the surgery, he called her the baby with the complicated heart, she just turned 4 years old on August 19, 2017. God Bless you, Dr. McKenzie and the Good Lord above.
Dr. McKenzie is an incredibly talented cardiac surgeon and we are so grateful for saving our son's life through 3 open heart surgeries. The whole staff at TCH truly have the child's best interest at heart.
He dismissed my concerns and when was given information from other doctors, ignored it. He did not help me with anything and ignored information from other hospitals, such as Boston Children's Hospital. He does not care about the well being of the patient, refusing to do another echo before the planned surgery, dismissing it even though the cardiologist said they misdiagnosed me.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
27 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Va Medical Center (Louisville Ky)
Dr. Emmett D Mckenzie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Healthcare Egleston Hospital, 1405 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Emmett D Mckenzie in this video.
Dr. Emmett D Mckenzie is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.