Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Emmett C Willis IV has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Willis is one of the most incompetent doctors I have seen in awhile. He forms his own diagnosis and does not listen to what you have to say. My 2-year-old son was breaking out all over on his skin. My wife and I did not know what it was but suspected it was either a bite or some type of allergy. Well, he said repeatedly, 'it is not an infection or bite...it is not an infection or bite." But we asked repeatedly what is wrong with him...is it an allergic reaction? He would never answer our question. He would just say his above statement repeatedly. Lot of the rash was gone by the time we got to the ER because we lived an hour away, but we showed him pictures, but he never acknowledged anything we showed him or told him. My wife got very frustrated with him and asked him if he was a doctor. How does he handles difficult situations? He says nothing and walks out.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Emmett C Willis IV accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWatauga Medical Center, 336 Deerfield Rd, Boone, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Emmett C Willis IV in this video.
Dr. Emmett C Willis IV is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boone, NC.