Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Enrique Beniquez Nieves
Dr. Enrique Beniquez Nieves, MD is a Doctor primarily located in El Paso, TX. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Beniquez Nieves is affiliated with Las Palmas Medical Center. Dr. Beniquez Nieves has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Enrique Beniquez Nieves has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Enrique Beniquez Nieves has the following 14 expertise
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Beniquez Nieves was a pleasant doctor during our very short visit. I was sort of shocked by how LITTLE he asked me about my history (past medical history, sexual history, family history etc.). I was, however, very impressed with how fast I got an appointment and how fast my colonoscopy was scheduled. [ Maybe because he has very few patients though. :( ] The day of my colonoscopy started fine because the support staff were all wonderful. When I awoke from the colonoscopy, I was pretty upset because the doctor NEVER came to speak to me. I assume because they did not find anything. It shouldn't matter if my results were totally fine or I had a huge tumor. I went in to the colonoscopy because of pretty bad bleeding - obviously I was concerned and seeking an explanation. No one bothered to even discuss other possible causes. I am left knowing nothing and still very worried. What do I do if it happens again? Why MIGHT I have had the bleeding in the first place? Is there anything else I should do or be concerned about? I do not have answers to any of these questions and was still coming of the anesthetic so did not think to ask them these things. A quality physician would have understood these concerns and thought to address them.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Beniquez Nieves is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Universidad De Zaragoza
Graduated in 1981
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsEl Paso Gastroenterology Consultants, 125 W Hague Rd Ste 590, El Paso, TX
Dr. Enrique Beniquez Nieves is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Paso, TX.