Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Enrique G Casuso has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Enrique G Casuso has the following 12 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 16
This Dr, had me commited to State Hospital, despite having no past criminal or mental health problem and diagnosed me as Schizo Affective disorder, with no cognitive testing and no symptoms, after only one meeting. During my time as a patient with him, he violated my patient, civil and human rights. This man is a sadist, please look up the pro public article on him and keep him away from your loved one's.
Dr. Casuso saw my family member in an ALF. He may be nice...I can't tell you. He would never return my calls or correspondence. I wanted to meet him but I was told he never knows when he will be at the ALF. I had years of past history that would have been important for any Psychiatrist to know for a new patient. We used him only a few months and realized this was not a medical professional that we would want to continue seeing our family member. We were disappointed that he would not care enough about his patient...or should I say "former patient". In moving our family member to a new ALF, he would not even extend the required perceptions for even one month...therefore putting our family member's needs in jeopardy. Just sad...
Apparently Dr. Casuso was a 21 year old medical student at the University of Havana, Cuba when the Castro regime arrested him and many others as a result of the failed Bay of Pigs invasion. Dr. Casuso was sentenced to 20 years and served several years of of that sentence at the prison in Isla de Pino. It is not clear how far along he was in his pre-med studies or if he was able to complete the requirement for a U.S. medical degree at CETEC University in the two years attended. There is no opportunity in Cuba for a prisoner to attended Medical School while in prison. I apologize to the doctor if there has been a rush to judgement, he may well be one of the few with a legitimate degree, but it is still unclear as to the validity of the degree and Cetec was closed due to widespread fraud of selling medical degrees.
Jackson Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsEnrique G Casuso Md, 3271 NW 7th St Ste 204, Miami, FL
Dr. Enrique G Casuso is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.