Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Enrique Espinosa-Melendez has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Enrique Espinosa-Melendez has the following 9 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Enrique Espinosa-Melendez - Posted on December 30th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Enrique Espinosa-Melendez - Posted on June 9th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Enrique Espinosa-Melendez - Posted on November 16th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Enrique Espinosa-Melendez - Posted on September 25th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Enrique Espinosa-Melendez - Posted on October 24th, 2010
Royal Victoria Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Enrique Espinosa-Melendez
Dr. Espinosa received his medical degree from the University of Mexico in Mexico City. He served a rotating internship at Moncton Hospital in New Brunswick, Canada and a residency in nephrology at Royal Victoria Hospital in Montreal. While at Royal Victoria Hospital, Dr. Espinosa completed a clinical and research fellowship in artificial cells and organs research. Board certified in internal medicine and nephrology, Dr. Espinosa has been practicing medicine for more than 25 years. He is a member of numerous professional societies including the International Society of Nephrology, the International Society for Artificial Organs, and the American Medical Association.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Enrique Espinosa-Melendez is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chula Vista, CA.