Dr. Enrique A Leal III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Enrique A Leal III?

My kids really love him they always want to go see him and chewy

Always a wonderful experience... and has always been great to me

Our Experience

My son went to Dr Leal in Sweeny, Tx with a horrible cough, sore throat. He was unable to eat because his food would get stuck and he would throw up. My son told the doctor his symptoms and asked to have bloodwork performed since it has been 1 year since the last time. My son was very honest with the doctor about his health and told him he smoked 1.5 packs of cigs a day. Dr Leal never listened to his chest or looked down his throat. He prescribed mouth wash, and referal to see a counselor and psychiatrist. I am very disappointed and would not refer him to anyone. Dr called me into room for questioning and I never knew when he was serious or trying to make a joke. Needless to say I was very mad off when I left his office.

TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY AND THIS IS MINE

I AM A PATIENT OF DR. LEAL'S AS WELL. I JUST READ THE ABOVE COMMENT AND AM DISAGREEING WITH IT. IF PATIENT'S KNEW THE REAL STORY BEHIND TESTING, THEY WOULD UNDERSTAND FIRST INSURANCE REQUIRES AND DICTATES THE TEST TO PERFORM AND THE ORDER TO PERFORM IT THANKS TO OBAMACARE. SECOND, IF THE ABOVE PT. HAD ASKED WHY DR. LEAL ORDERED THE DRUG TESTING THEY WOULD HAVE KNOW ANY TIME A PT. IS NEEDING AN NEUROLOGIST, IT SAVES THEIR TIME TO TEST FOR DRUGS SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO WASTE THEIR TIME WHEN THEY DO GET TO THE NEUROLOGIST BECAUSE THEY WILL TEST FOR IT ANYWAY MOST OF THE TIME. THIRD, COME ON YOU HAVE AN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE THAT IS NOTHING TO TAKE LIGHTLY. IF YOUR TESTING HAD SHOWN SOMETHING YOU WOULD HAVE BE HAPPY THAT THE DOCTOR FOUND IT. SOMETIMES DOCTORS HAVE TO RULE OUT AS WELL. PCP'S MAKE NO MONEY ON TESTING OR REFERRALS AND THEY BARELY GET PAID FROM INSURANCE CARRIERS SINCE OBAMA CARE FOR THE VISITS THEY DO. THEIR MANY PHYSICIANS IN TEXAS MAKING LESS MONEY THAN PEOPLE IN THE DOW AND CONOCO PLANTS. AND LAST ABOUT THE STAFF CALLING THIS PT. IN WHEN THE RESULTS WERE FINE WAS PROBABLY A MISTAKE AND I AM SURE THEY ARE SORRY AND WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU YOUR MONEY BACK IF BROUGHT TO THEIR ATTENTION. ALL REVIEWERS PLEASE UNDERSTAND THERE ARE ALWAYS TO SIDES TO EVERY STORY. I KNOW OF NUMEROUS PT.S THAT HAVE SEEN DR. LEAL AND HE FOUND THEIR CANCER AND OTHER DISEASES WHEN NO OTHER DOCTOR COULD. DR. LEAL HOLDS TWO BOARDS AND YES HE DOES LIKE TO MAKE PATIENTS LAUGH. HE MEANS NO HARM IN THE PROCESS. I WILL CONTINUE TO GO AND THEY HAVE SOME NEW STAFF.

BE AWARE OF YOUR LAB ORDERS!! This doctor orders unnecessary lab work.

I went to this doctor after having a severe headache that involved some diorientation. I gave him my history of autoimmune disease and associated neurological syptoms. He told me that he would order some tests; thyroid panel, CBC with differential, and also check my liver funtion and also ordered a MRI of my brain and said I should see a neurologist. Two months later, I recieve a bill from Quest Diagnostics which listed the blood work he told me he was going to run and also a drug test for 11 different illict drugs. (I recieved the lab bill a month later and realized what test were ordered and that each individual drug test cost me $62.50.) When I talked to the doctor he told me he had no responsiblity to inform me of all test being run and that it was standard procedure to run the test for drugs when the patient complained of memory loss/disorientation. This doctor did not take the time to consider and evaluate my entire medical history and instead decided to run a battery of test that were completely unnecessary. This is common practice with doctors today. They run extensive lab test so they can spend less time evaluating the patient through phyical observation. Which them means that they are able to see more patients! To top it off, his staff insisted that I come in for a visit to review my lab results-$25 for him to tell me that my labs were fine.

Great Doc

Listens and is very caring. Excellent sense of humor! My wife and kids really like him as well.

Excellent Dr, very accurate! I would recommend him....

I wish I live closer to this town to have him as my family doctor... He is very funny!

Other than a fairly difficult to understand nurse, I had a great experience with Dr. Leal. I think you have to have a good sense of humor with him, he's a jokester. I'll be going back.

Dr. Leal kept dogs in office or back of truck and joked about injecting my child with race horse shot!