Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric Avery
Dr. Eric Avery, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Galveston, TX, with other offices in Galveston, TX and Galveston, TX (and 2 other locations). He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Avery is affiliated with CHRISTUS St. Joseph Hospital, University of Texas Medical Branch and University of Texas Medical Branch Hospital at Galveston. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric Avery has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Eric Avery has the following 10 expertise
- Art Therapy
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Eric Avery has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Avery is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
CHRISTUS St. Joseph Hospital
University of Texas Medical Branch
University of Texas Medical Branch Hospital at Galveston
39 Years Experience
The University of Texas at Galveston
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric Avery in this video.
Dr. Eric Avery is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Galveston, TX.