Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr Eric Smith
Dr Eric Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Royersford, PA, with other offices in Media, PA and Glen Mills, PA . He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr Smith is affiliated with Physicians Care Surgical Hospital, Riddle Hospital and Riddle Hospital. Dr Smith has received 3 awards.
Dr Eric Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr Eric Smith has the following 28 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Sprains and Strains
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
Showing 5 of 123
After discovering a misdiagnosis that left me in severe pain and on opioid medications for many months, Dr. Smith surgically corrected the problem through a hip replacement, eliminating the pain and restoring my mobility. He is not only an excellent surgeon, but he also takes the time necessary to explain what is going on, and he is a fine human being.
Dr. Smith is so very patient in allowing the patient to share all of their concerns. He never rushes me and is very thorough in reviewing all test data. I had a hip replacement 6 years ago and am now doctoring with degenerative knees. I can not even tell that I have had a hip replacement. After going to him for advice after coming to a halt with treatment with a sports related physician, he presented a slightly altered treatment which has been working to maintain these knees. Dr. Smith is concerned with all of my skeletal issues and does not just focus on the one joint which caused me to see him initially.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Physicians Care Surgical Hospital
Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
Bryn Mawr Hospital
15 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 2000
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr Eric Smith in this video.
Dr Eric Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.