Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eric M Bass has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Eric M Bass has the following 14 expertise
- Rectal Pain
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Bleeding
- Abdominal Pain
- Bowel Resection
- Inguinal Hernia
- Colorectal Surgery
Dr. Eric M Bass has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Eric M Bass is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
I went to the ER in pain after having a total colectomy surgery at Mayo Clinic. When the scans showed I had a blockage at my anastomosis site I was admitted into the hospital and was given Dr. Bass who I had never met before. He was a blessing!! He figured out what happened that went wrong with my 1st surgery that caused the blockage and fixed it!!!! I have never felt so much compassion from a surgeon before. Normally they do the surgery and are done with you. Dr. Bass has the best bedside manner and he also explains things so you understand what is going on with you. He also follows up with you and spends time answering your questions. Here I went all the way to Mayo Clinic to have surgery, had multiple complications and ended up having a surgeon here at home fix everything! My follow up appointment was fantastic. Once again he took the time to talk to me, explain things to me and get my questions answered. I never felt rushed. I am truly blessed to whomever chose Dr. Bass to take my case when I was admitted into the hospital. I could not have asked for a better surgeon. I highly recommend him!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
29 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Eric M Bass accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSurgical Consultants Of Joliet, 2 Uno Cir, Joliet, IL
Dr. Eric M Bass is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Joliet, IL.