Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric Carnell MD
Dr. Eric Carnell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Frederick, MD. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
65 Thomas Johnson Dr
Frederick, MD 21702
Book Online Now
Dr. Eric Carnell has the following 3 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Eric Carnell has the following 4 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Thyroid Diseases
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eric Carnell - Posted on February 24th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eric Carnell - Posted on January 10th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eric Carnell - Posted on February 14th, 2011
Dr. Carnell is a highly skilled and professional doctor. He is very thorough and caring. My only complaint, is how I can never get a live person on the phone when I call the office. I always have to leave a message, and I consider myself lucky if I get a call back the same evening. Waiting in the office for the doctor is usually around a half an hour which is pretty standard from my experience.
Well pleased with Physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eric Carnell - Posted on August 10th, 2010
I have been very pleased with the care I've received from Dr. Carnell and his staff. I had been seeing another endocrinologist before seeing him and was NOT happy with the care nor the staff. If there is any drawback to the office it is in the fact that it is difficult to get an appointment because he is in such high demand. You can never call directly, you MUST have your general physician do the ground work and send the results to his office and then they will let you know if they accept you as a patient. However, once in, I felt as if I was in very good hands. He did tests which SHOULD have been done by the previous doctor and neglected. He stayed on top of the problems, addressed any concerns I had and has remained with me through this entire ordeal of dealing with my Graves Disease. Also, his staff has been very helpful. Getting me into appointments as quickly as possible and finally, when I lost my health insurance they have been wonderful in working WITH me and not against me in paying my health care costs in his office. I have been paying very reasonable fees for a self-pay patient. If you can get in, I highly recommend this practice even if you don't get Dr. Carnell himself.
excellent doctor with great bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eric Carnell - Posted on March 5th, 2010
32 Years Experience
University of Maryland
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Eric Carnell Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Eric Carnell's office for more information.
65 Thomas Johnson Dr Frederick, MD 21702
Locations & Directions65 Thomas Johnson Dr, Frederick, MD
Dr. Eric Carnell is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Frederick, MD.