Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eric D Becker has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 60
Dr. Becker is the worst medical professional I have ever seen in my life. His patients are just cash-cows to him. This guy overbooks his appointments, leaves you waiting for at times 30+ minutes, spends only about 5 minutes/10 max with you, and makes you come back for follow-up appointments in an unnecessary short amount of time. The more appointments he has, the more money he makes. The more appointments he makes you come back for even if you're stable on your meds, the more money he makes. And on top of it, if you miss an appointment, you'll be charged $130 out of pocket. He never made me feel like he genuinely cares about his patients and has the personality of a rock. His staff members are not the friendliest either. In addition, within 5 minutes of my very first appointment, the guy brought up a possible diagnosis for a condition I have never been told I showed symptoms for. I spoke with other medical professionals for second opinions and all were in complete disagreement with his possible diagnosis. I do not recommend him at all.
Dr. Becker and his staff focus more on my money than on my mental health. They are expensive yet they want to see me every three months without fail or delay. If you haven't made an appointment with them within the three months they send you a letter explaining that they will close your file and you will no longer be their patient.
Dr. Becker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Temple University School Of Medicine
Temple University Health System
Dr. Eric D Becker accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEric D Becker Md, 2045 Westgate Dr Ste 402, Bethlehem, PA
Dr. Eric D Becker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethlehem, PA.