3.2

Have you seen Dr. Eric D Donnenfeld?

Top Corneal Cataract Surgeon in the world

I have been a patient of Dr Donnenfeld's since 1994. He has performed two corneal transplants (one on each eye) on me as well as Lasik on my father and many many of my friends. I see lots of complaints about wait times - well, when you're the best, everyone wants to see you. I go and know it's going to take a little while because he doesn't rush through patients. To complain about the wait time is ridiculous - it's your eyes and he's the #1 doctor. I trust Dr Donnenfeld completely and wouldn't go to anyone else.

Top Surgeon

As a physician, I know firsthand how important it is to choose the right surgeon for the right procedure. Suffering from extreme myopia my whole life with a contact Rx exceeding -20, I was completely dependent on corrective lens and from years of necessary overwearing of lens developed corneal warpage leading me to seek other options. I tried scleral lens without satisfactory results. I wanted to avoid surgery as long as possible given the complexity of my eyes, however the time came where surgery was necessary. My own procedures are dependent on having exceptional vision and I knew I needed the right surgeon for my procedure-- my vision and my job depended on it. I met with numerous eye surgeons up and down the east coast at the top eye institutions in the country for consultation and it led me to have surgery with Dr. Donnenfeld. I couldn't be happier with my decision and the outcome, now 3 months post-op. To correct my extreme myopia, I had artisan IOL implants followed by planned LASIKs one month later. He went above and beyond to put me at ease perioperatively for a procedure I had been nervous about and delayed for years. His superb results allowed me to do something I previously had never experienced-- waking up in the morning with the ablility to see when I first opened my eyes. It has been life changing for me and changed my comfort at work, driving and everything in between. If you need corrective eye surgery, whether simple or complex, I highly recommend Dr. Donnenfeld.

One of the top surgeons in the world

Dr Donnenfeld is simply the best! Ever wonder who eye surgeons trust to take out their cataracts? Dr Donnenfeld!! Being an ophthalmologist I had unlimited options. I have to admit it was a little intimidating being the patient and not the doctor. I did extensive research to chose the right surgeon. (i knew if i had even a small complication i could be out of work) I live and practice in New Jersey and felt so strongly about Dr Donnenfeld's credentials that i travelled to long island to be evaluated. I didn't play the "doctor card". i just made an appointment like every other patient and went thru the complete evaluation. When it came time to discuss the actual operation i did disclose i was an eye surgeon. After meeting with Dr Donnenfeld the choice was a no brainer. I had complete trust in him and his staff. I am the HAPPIEST patient!!! Everything went perfect. I chose to have laser cataract surgery with some astigmatism correction. My vision is awesome. I couldn't believe how great it was on day 1 and it keeps getting better! The staff at the office and the surgery center was superb both friendly and professional. I give Eric Donnenfeld my highest unconditional recommendation! Simply the best. If you want to go where the eye surgeons go for their cataract surgery...Eric Donnenfeld MD!!! The Best!!!!

I will never return

Dr.Donnenfeld does not wash his hands after seeing a patient nor before his next patient .He does not wear gloves either. He overbooks .If you come into any of his offices your wait time far exceeds one hour .There are literally hundreds of people in the waiting area .

Very disappointed with my cataract surgery.

I' be been using Dr. Donnenfeild for years now trying to correct my keratoconis with no luck so far. My appointmet wait time is up to over 3 hrs waiting for him. I am going to look for another Dr. So if you have 4 + hrs to waist use him if not find a different Dr

worth the trip

I flew in from Los Angeles to have Dr. Donnenfeld perform my surgery

The Greatest

One of the topic eye surgeons in the country

Dr. Eric D Donnenfeld is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fairfield, CT.