Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric C Drew
Dr. Eric C Drew, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lewisville, TX. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Drew is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock, Trinity Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler and Christus Mother Frances Hospital Jacksonville. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric C Drew has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
Referred by my GP to this Dr (was scared about the negative reviews but decided to roll the dice anyways) - took 2 months to even get an appointment. Upon arrival the location was easy enough to find and the staff was very friendly. Spent about 4 minutes listening to him tell me what he thinks is causing my headaches before he even really asked me anything. Then prescribed me a medicine that I had taken in the past with no benefits and negative side effects??? The worst part about all of this is in that two months I could have probably seen 5 other doctors that would actually try to help me and listen to what I have to say. Do yourself a favor and listen to the reviews, I found it the hard way.
After 6 years he pushed me out of his office because he didn't have an explanation for what's happening. So instead of listening he just kept trying to give me anxiety pill. If you have a symptom that's strange or doesn't show up on a test don't expect any help. Which FYI that's pretty common with neurological illnesses.
Dr. Drew is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Texas A&M Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Eric C Drew accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTrinity Clinic, 190 Civic Cir, Lewisville, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric C Drew in this video.
Dr. Eric C Drew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewisville, TX.