Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Eric W Dunlop
Dr. Eric W Dunlop, DO is a Doctor primarily located in San Luis Obispo, CA. He has 10 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric W Dunlop has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Eric W Dunlop has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Eric W Dunlop has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Eric W Dunlop is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 11
Office staff are very disorganized and do not work together as a single practice. I called today as I'm out of refills on a medication and my pharmacy directed me to call my doctor. Apparently the person "who handles this for Dr. Dunlop is out sick today" and I was told to "call back tomorrow". She never inquired as to any of my personal details, the medication, if I was out of my medication (I am). I can get this over the counter at a lower dosage, but her primary goal was to get rid of me because I wasn't her patient.
Dr. Dunlop is a nice personable Doctor but he just does not have much interest in dealing with my Type II Diabetes. I feel that I have directed my care more than he has. However, I have given the most negative review of his staff who are not knowledgeable about office procedures, manners, etc. i called to see if I could get my prescription filled because it had expired. There is absolutely no one who does follow up care at the office like notifying me that my prescription is running out and that I need to make an appointment, etc. So I called to see if I could get the doctor to make an emergency refill as I was out of my meds. The staff said that he was gone for the next five days. I asked if he had someone as a back up and they said no. I asked if there was a PA I could talk to and they said no. So I attempted to give them my information to see if they could get a message to the Dr. Dunlop for me and they said to hold on. then they said that since they had not received the fax from the pharmacy yet, they could do nothing else. I tried to explain that the fax was coming shortly but she kept interrupting me and just kept repeating that they had not received the fax yet. I lost my cool and asked her to shut up for one minute so I could give her my information. But she just wouldn't let me. I finally hung up frustrated. Last year this same problem happened and I kept calling back but did not get any action until I showed up in person. I kept my cool that time, but I refuse to patronize a doctor whose staff is so rude.
10 Years Experience
Touro University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2008
Dr. Eric W Dunlop accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFrank J Collie MD Medical Corp, 148 Casa St, San Luis Obispo, CA
Dr. Eric W Dunlop is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Luis Obispo, CA.