Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eric S Furie has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Eric S Furie has the following 9 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Wrist Injury
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Dr. Eric S Furie has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Eric S Furie is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Furie was very professional and focus. He provide me with exception medical service while under his care. I feel very safe and comfortable with Dr. Furie performing my surgery. I can not express just how happy I was with the surgery he performed on both of my knees. I have no complaints with his service and I would highly recommend him to anyone for knee problems and surgery.
My Experience with Dr Furie was Memorable.My Brother was Life Flighted to Atl. med Center after receiving Near Fatal Head Injuries. & a Compound Fracture to the Right Arm. When I arrived my Brother was in Surgery with Dr Furie. I Met Him Coming out of the OR. He was Confident, Alert, Polite, & informative. He described the Injuries, & the Surgical Procedure, which consisted of Resetting the Ulna, & the Radius, the Necessity for plates, Srews, & hardware. He told me Not to Worry that the Surgery was a Success, & that my Brother would make a Full recovery, with full use of his right Arm, which was True. Dr Furie was a Charismatic, Capable Surgeon who i have very Fond Memories of, and Soon I will Schedule My Wife for Surgery on her right wrist which is badly Afflicted with a Large Growth, and very complicated Arthritic Condition. I Certainly Trust Dr. Furie, would Highly reccomend him to anyone, & Believe thst He will do a Great Job on my Wife.
...I'd say he's fair and honest, which is rare. I'm surprised to see no other reviews here. I don't know one way or the other if he would be good to go to as a treating physician, but at least he's not one of those (like a certain Duh-man) who is in it only to harm workers' comp claimants who are truly injured.
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Eric S Furie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric S Furie in this video.
Dr. Eric S Furie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.