Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eric A Heller has the following 1 specialty
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Endovascular Stent Grafts
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Patent Foramen Ovale
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Heart Block
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Peripheral Catheterization
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Diseases
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 122
I cannot begin to tell you what a wonderful doctor Dr. Heller is. My cousin ended up in the ER of Bethesda West with chest pains. No sooner did we call Dr. Heller, he was at the hospital within 10 minutes. Dr. Heller saw the urgency of doing an angiogram so he made sure my cousin was on medication and had him transferred to Bethesda East first thing in the morning where he would do the procedure. Turns out he had a 95% blockage in 1 artery alone where he had to place 3 stents. The next day he had three other arteries requiring 4 stents for a total of 7 stents. My cousin had suffered a heart attack with thankfully no damage and thanks to Dr. Heller, he saved him from having open heart surgery. Trust me, not every doctor would have been able to perform this complicated and delicate procedure. My cousin is resting comfortably at home thanks to Dr. Heller. His bedside manner is wonderful. He explains and shows you a diagram of everything he did so that one can understand. You never feel rushed and he answers any and all questions. Dr. Heller, you are #1 in my book!!!
My children have a father, and my wife has a husband... all because of Dr. Heller. He saved my life. When all the tests pointed to the fact that I was fine, yet I still was concerned about my heart, Dr. Heller stepped in and listened, did additional testing and discovered I had a major blockage in my left artery, both in the ascending and descending portions of the value. He skillfully, carefully and perfectly performed the four stent procedure that saved my life! He is a kind, caring Dr. who listens to his patients on a personal level. There is no greater recommendation that I can give then my entire family thanks him! It has been four years since and I just came back from snow skiing in Colorado with my family in perfect health!
I had been with a prominent Delray Beach cardiologist for several years. I switched to Dr Heller after my previous cardiologist put me through a complete gamut of tests leading to a cauterization procedure, where he decided to take no action to relieve my chronic angina. Three months later I went to Dr Heller as the pain and pressure was increasing and starting to radiate into my left arm. Dr Heller immediately got involved to review the previous imaging and documentation. He knew immediately that there was intervention required under another cauterization procedure. He scheduled me for that same week and found 2 major blockages one at 90% and the other at 80%. He ended up stenting in 3 locations. Since then I am feeling absolutely terrific and am now able to do things that I could not do prior to the procedure. I recently walked 5 miles on the beach and had no symptoms. Previously I couldn't go 500 feet without stopping frequently. Dr Heller also showed to be a very open and approachable doctor following up with me personally after the procedure and while recovering. Glad I found him in time. I'm still perplexed as to why my previous cardiologist did nothing to help me when the need for intervention was so evident to Dr. Heller?
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Heller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Eric A Heller accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMichael Lawrence Metzger Md, 11195 S Jog Rd Ste 6, Boynton Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric A Heller in this video.
Dr. Eric A Heller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boynton Beach, FL.