Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eric J Hilgeford has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Eric J Hilgeford has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 22
I was recently in Westport Rehab Center in Lyndon. This Dr came in my room late one night and introduced himself and asked me a few questions. I DID NOT REQUEST to see him or any DR! Then today I get a bill from his office for $251.00. I do not know what his deal is with this center but he did nothing for me only introduced himself and I should not have to pay him!
He's been my primary for close to 40 years... knows me and my history well, has always believed what I tell him and treated appropriately. works well with my other doctors and with my family. His partners are really wonderful. I think Dr. Hilgeford & Dr. Haney are wonderful and have never heard a bad word from other patients in the waiting room or the community. They know something about all types of medicine and are willing to send me elsewhere, if appropriate. very, very happy with this office.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
43 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Dr. Eric J Hilgeford accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Louisville HMOx
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBaptist Health Medical Group, 2400 Eastpoint Pkwy Ste 530, Louisville, KY
Dr. Eric J Hilgeford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.