Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric A Horst MD
Dr. Eric A Horst, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, SC. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric A Horst has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Eric A Horst has the following 14 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eric A Horst - Posted on March 22nd, 2013
I waited several months for my appointment after a referral; however, I believe the reason is a scarcity in my area of endocrinologists specializing in thyroid disorders. Dr. Horst was prompt, open to my desire for a particular course of treatment, listened to me and ordered the appropriate tests. I truly felt that I was in the "right" doctor's office. The staff members were kind, professional and courteous.
31 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital
Dr. Eric A Horst Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Eric A Horst
Stephen R. Izard, M.D., Ph.D. is a U.S. Army veteran and long time resident of Columbia, S.C. and board certified in Internal Medicine. Dr. Izard received his Bachelors degree, Masters degree, and a Doctorate in Anatomy and Pathology from the University of Mississippi. He then went on to receive his medical degree from the University of Mississippi and complete a residency at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center in Denver, Colorado. Coming back to South Carolina, Dr. Izard was stationed at Fort Jackson and went on to be the Medical Director at First Care Family Medical Treatment Center in addition to many other professional obligations throughout the state.
Locations & DirectionsLAUREL ENDOCRINE ASSOCIATES PA, 1740 Saint Julian Pl, Columbia, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric A Horst, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Columbia, SC, in this video.
Dr. Eric A Horst is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Columbia, SC.