Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eric J Fisher has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I was recently searching for a new primary care doctor as my prior one lost her license to prescribe medications (a whole different story). From day one Dr. Fisher made me feel very comfortable. I'm somewhat of a high maintenance patient and Dr. Fisher accommodates and works right through that. He has even called me from his personal cell on his way home to check up on me and followed up on how I was feeling. That truly speaks volumes of his persona and character. I have recently had to see him weekly for a shot to address some issues I have been experiencing. I initially suggested this type of treatment and he absolutely considered it and said "let's give it a try" and was very open minded. I've been in similar conversations with other doctors who were actually offended that I had made a suggestion on treatment because they were the doctor and I the patient. Not Dr. Fisher, he's a true gentleman and a fantastic professional Doctor. I highly recommend him and his partners/office.
Dr.Fisher is a great doctor, he takes the time to get the problem right, and follows up to make sure the problem has been resolved. The other doctors in this practice are great too. I have seen a few of them when he was not availalbe. I have even been seen in the office and a sunday. I have never had doctors come in to see me on weekends. They are all great doctors. Dr. Fisher is caring and very friendly and will take the time to go over everything with you. It's great to have a doctor like this. I highly recommend him and his fellow associates
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Fisher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Eric J Fisher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNew London Family Practice, 4 Shaws Cv Ste 103, New London, CT
Dr. Eric J Fisher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New London, CT.