Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric M Janis
Dr. Eric M Janis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Smithfield, NC. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Janis is affiliated with Johnston Memorial Hospital. Dr. Janis has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric M Janis has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Eric M Janis has the following 11 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Catheterization
Dr. Eric M Janis has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Eric M Janis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I went to this doctor once and that was plenty....he talks down to you and is very arrogant and doesn't seem to care much about your problems. I won't be back to him that's for sure.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Janis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Eric M Janis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWake Heart And Vascular, 910 Berkshire Rd, Smithfield, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric M Janis in this video.
Dr. Eric M Janis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Smithfield, NC.