Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eric W Kenworthy has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 10
Eric Kenworthy has lost his empathy for his patients. He has been my doctor for over 20 years, however, he now is nothing. This doctor has kept me on zoloft for depression, klonopin for anxiety and atenolol for skipped heartbeats. These medications cannot be stopped at once, you must be weaned off. I called him two days ago to call in my prescriptions, and I was told "no". I then texted him and explained that he is well aware of how dangerous a situation he was putting me in, so he had his nurse call in only the zoloft and the atenolol. When I asked about the klonopin, his nurse, Amy, said "Dr. Kenworthy wants you to come in to the office for the prescription and you MUST bring $1500 with you to cover his "concierge services". In other words, he is holding my most important medication hostage until I go to his office and give him $1500! Since I live in New Jersey, and am battling open wounds on my lower legs, have a "dead knee" in my left leg, and have been in a wheelchair for two years, going to Brooklyn is very hard for me. I believe he could have been somewhat concerned and called in a weeks worth of klonopin thereby giving a chance to find a doctor here in NJ. Instead, he chose to leave me with nothing on New Years weekend. Eric, if I just send you a check for $1500 will you go back to calling in my scripts without interruption? I remember when Eric had a little broken down office on Nostrand Avenue. Now he is a "concierge" doctor? Yeah, and I am the Queen of England.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Bologna
Graduated in 1983
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Eric W Kenworthy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Eric W Kenworthy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.