Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric B Laxer
Dr. Eric B Laxer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC, with another office in Charlotte, NC. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Laxer is affiliated with Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital, Caromont Regional Medical Center and Novant Health Matthews Medical Center. Dr. Laxer has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric B Laxer has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 50
Due to a work related injury, I herniated L5-S1 disc with left nerve impingement. It was by far the worse pain I had ever experienced. After going to the ER and seeing two previous, neuro surgeons, I finally was referred to Dr. Laxer. Dr. Laxer took time to listen to me and when all other non-evasive medical care was exhausted, performed the surgery to fix the disc. Not even a year out from my surgery date, I am back to work and doing most everything I used to do pre-injury. I am very thankful for the care I received from both Dr. Laxer and his staff.
First off, he was forty minutes late and offered no apology. This is one of the most arrogant and cocky drs that I've encountered. He didn't care anything about me as a patient. He seemed to use all the info. on my pre-accessment survey to discredit anything I told him about my condition. He had a female intern with him and appeared to try to 'show off' with his condescending attitude. He clearly prejudiced me and attempted to minimize my condition. A lower esteem person most likely would have left feeling lower than dirt.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Laxer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Eric B Laxer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric B Laxer in this video.
Dr. Eric B Laxer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.