Dr. Eric D Levens Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Eric D Levens?

We somehow did not get the feeling he was on our corner. We only saw him once. The rest were all phone calls and emails all intitiated by us. He is not willing to listen or change protocol and attributed all failures to "old eggs". We stuck with him since our insurance paid for it. We finally gave up payed out of pocket and switched groups. With the new group we actually had a discussion after my first failed IVF about how to change based on how I'd responded, made two key changes, and the second went much better. We are happy to leave SGF and got a second chance. My impression with SG is they'll just say it was a fluke/old eggs and follow their standard protocols, one after the other, until it's time for donor eggs. No doctor or clinic is going to "take care" of you in this process I've found. You have to be your own fierce advocate, and work within your limitations--money, ability to travel, time/age limitations, etc. You need to talk to your doctor from the beginning about a plan, otherwise, they'll just keep taking your money. I am happy to be done with the Dr Levens and SGF industry. They are great until they get your money and you will never see them again. The blatantly profiteering nature of it, and frequent insensitivity among moronic staff especially, just takes away my gratitude. They treat you as just another transaction. Save yourself time and aggravation and follow your instincts. Go to the smaller groups that are focused on you than protocols

Amazing doctor

Dr. Levens is an amazing doctor. He is professional, compassionate, knowledgeable and accessible. He is truly your partner in this awful battle against infertility and I am so grateful for him.

Dr Levens acts like he cares. Do not be fooled. All he cares about is his bank account. Avoid this shady doctor.

Stellar Doctor!!

My husband and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Levens! He was extremely patient, knowledgeable, empathetic, compassionate, and confident all in one. Throughout our entire journey, Dr. Levens remained optimistic, which in turn, gave us great hope. He called after each negative IUI just to check in and see how I was holding up. He also called to share in our happiness after we finally received the news we had hoped and prayed for. I would recommend Shady Grove and Dr. Levens to anyone having difficulty starting their family.

Thank you!

I have nothing but good things to say about the entire staff at Shady Grove Fertility, especially Dr. Levens. I always felt like they were "on my side" and that they were giving me personalized treatment plans that would give me the best chance of getting pregnant.

Fantastic Doctor!

Dr. Levens and his whole staff were incredibly professional, sensitive to our infertility, and available throughout the process of finally becoming pregnant. I would HIGHLY recommend seeing them for your reproductive needs! Shady Grove is amazing!

Dr Levens is a very knowledgeable and compassionate Dr. He spent as much time as needed with me during our visits to ensure I was comfortable with everything and all of my questions were answered. Dr Levens called me personally after each of my procedures. Including on a Sunday night. I would visit Dr Levens for all of my health care needs if possible.

LOVE Dr. Levens

He is so kind and caring Truly a wonderful doctor.

Simply Wonderful!

Dr. Levens is an absolute dream to work with. He is compassionate, generous with his time, and highly involved in the field. He always took the time to explain and support me through the entire IUI and IVF process (I think I cried in his office at least 5 or 6 times!). He never made me feel silly and always had words of encouragment towards our success. I feel so grateful to have had Dr. Levens on my side. I am now 13 weeks pregnant and I owe it all to the phenomonal staff at Shady Grove, especially Dr. Levens. I would recommend him time and time again to anyone having trouble conceiving. He is THE BEST.

Dr. Levens is Wonderful!

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Levens. He is patient, knowledgable, and courteous. He never made me feel rushed or foolish for asking lots of questions. His bedside manner is excellent. He's very compassionate. Also, I have nothing but positive things to say about Shady Grove. The part of the practice that may seem like a baby mill to some actually ended up being very reassuring to us. For example, they have great office hours, dedicated insurance and billing staff, and quick follow-up. Emails and calls were always returned the same day. Furthermore, in reproductive endocrinology, the volume of business is very important to refining methods. The staff is very friendly (not to mention competent), so I never really felt like I was stuck "going to the doctor" all the time. One person totally went above and beyond to make sure I got my medication on time. The office itself is well-appointed. I'm happy that I'm pregnant and thus currently have no need to go back. But if I had a need to go back, I would do so in a heartbeat. I also plan to recommend Dr. Levens to friends.

Direct Patient Care and Concern

My husband and I felt comfortable with Dr. Levens from our initial consultation and throughout our entire treatment. His tone and bedside manner really help to show his compassion, understanding and concern for the delicate condition of fertility patients. Not to mention keeping patients calm. When we had to experience a 2nd round, it appeared that Dr. Levens did everything in his power to be present for procedures. While this wasn't explicitly made clear or stated, my husband and I both had the impression that Dr. Levens wanted to make sure he was directly involved to increase our chances for success on our 2nd time. Whether it was Dr. Levens or not, the 2nd try worked and we are forever grateful to Dr. Levens and the entire staff at Shady Grove Fertility Annadale and Rockville.

Recommended by fellow medical professionals

Thankyou Dr. Levens! You are a very thoughtful, thorough and skilled fertility doctor. And nurse Sara is excellent too! We are just embarking on IVF after our initial workup...and we appreciate your professionalism. Thankyou to you both!