Dr. Eric Lichtenstein Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Eric Lichtenstein?

Posted on November 6th, 2016

I been taking my daughter to Eric Lichtenstein since 2013 she's 3 yrs old. What i can say about him he really cares for the kids that walk thru his doors, he makes you feel super comfortable and always makes my daughter laugh and smile. My daughter had two surgery procedures by him, at first me and my husband was very worried about her going through her first surgery at a young age. This was the first time that anyone of our kids had to have any surgery's done but all the fear went out the window once Dr. Eric Lichtenstein explained every part of it and made us feel so comfortable even when i was crying when she had to be put to sleep. So when it was time for another surgery we knew she was in good hands. I will rate his professionalism a 100% and i will highly recommend anyone to take your children to him he is by far a genuine person and take his work very serious. My daughter is healing very well and is abler to look at life a whole lot stronger than before. Thank you Dr. Eric Lichtenstein.

Posted on January 3rd, 2016

I'm 38 years old and have been suffering from strabismus for about a year. It was tough for me to find an ophthalmologist who treats adult strabismus, performs surgery and accepted my insurance. I'm glad I found Dr Lichtenstein. He diagnosed the problem, took the measurements in two separate visits and explained the surgical procedures and options. The affiliation with NYEE was a plus since eye surgery is one of the specialties of the hospital. Its been a few months since the surgery and my eyes are working great. I would high recommend this practice to adults and children.

Posted on December 9th, 2014

this doctpr is amazing my son went through surgery with him he was so comforting and sweet the entire time surgery was smooth and healing was painless for him he is just fabulous all the staff at the hospital loved him too he get 5 stars*****

Posted on December 5th, 2014

My son was borderline of needing glasses and he seemed inpatient answering a few of my questions and even said, "we are finished talking about this"as I was trying to determine if glasses was really needed. He responded that if it was his son, he would have him wear glasses...and how convenient that they are partnered or own an optical close within the facility to make more business. I also had to wait an extra 25 mins before being seen. Needless to say, I went elsewhere for a second opinion.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your comments. If I was impatient with you then I apologize for being so. I am glad you sought a second opinion and hope your needs are now satisfied. Two doctors can say the same thing but it may be heard very differently depending on who is listening. As for waiting 25 minutes - yes, dilation of the pupils takes approximately that long. When appointments are scheduled we tell people their visit will take about an hour, in total. There is no way to make the drops work faster. Finally, the optical shop. We are paid a less than market rent because we want to retain the opticians who own the shop (not the doctors, by the way). This particular optical shop specializes in babies and children and they have excellent quality control. Yes, it is convenient to have them on-site. No, we don't make any money from them.

parent of aliecia thomas

Posted on October 9th, 2014

through out my years of taking my kids ages 22 to 11 yrs, to different doctors Dr. Eric Lichtenstein is one of the most charming, kid friendly loving doctor i have ever met. His personality with kids is just wonderful, I wish he was my kids pediatritrian my daughter adores him, she even says her eyes bothers her just to go see him why because he treats all kids like they are his own. for me he is just the best.

Very rude doctor.. Don't even let your child see him at all

Posted on October 11th, 2013

I didn't want to see any doctor for my 15 mos old baby but since her doctor was on maternity leave, my baby saw him at 1st he entered the room arrogantly to the point that his voice scared my baby saying negative comment about my daughters eye doctor . That my babys eye doctor was rude to take maternity leave so he has to take over.. Since he scared my baby with his loud voice my baby started to cry as expected... He did not even bother to examine my baby because my poor baby is so scare to look at him.. So he told me that i just have to wait until my baby's problem with her eye improved.. So i was like what? I wasted my time for you to make her cry and suggest that kind of treatment(i did not say it that that in my mind) i think he noticed that i was not satisfied with what he said so he ask me to choose bet waiting and doing the surgery with my eyes baby" i'm like in the back of my mind(how can you suggest surgery if you don't even look at the problem?? My baby is continuously crying and he was bothered a lot to the point that he told me to stop my baby from crying and move my baby's face back.. He is so rude.. So just to end the conversation i told him that i should just wait... And you know what this rude doctor did?? My baby is holding the toy that they use to examine the the eye.. He forcefully grab the toy from my baby's hand and said give this back to me because its mine... OMG that is the worse doctors visit ever!!! I will never ever bring my baby back again to this kind of doctor so mother out there beware of this doctor... Very very rude... As in zero star.. Negative!!!

Wonderful Experience!

Posted on May 3rd, 2013

Having been to many Pediatric Ophthalmologists it was a surprise. From appointment all the way to surgery it was just pleasant. i haven't been to a doctors office that was this comfortable and just nice. Staff was all very courteous and listened to when you needed them. Other doctors offices will only get you answers when THEY want to listen, but this Doctors office was the other way around. i was able to directly communicate with Dr. L whenever i needed to and was given answers to any questions i had via it be a staff member or any of the other brilliant doctors around. Appointments were easy to make and they worked around you. Surgery is big especially for a 22 month old and it eased both me and my wife that we were in the hands of someone we can count on. From diagnosis to post surgery visits, all in all i highly recommend them and will recommend them to all my family and friends.

Brilliant Doctor

Posted on September 13th, 2012

Dr. Lichtenstein is a brilliant doctor. He diagnosed my son with a very rare syndrome which none of the other doctors dealing with my son detected. He is truly gifted. Dr. Lichtenstein is excellent with kids and makes them very comfortable. We highly recommend Dr. Lictenstein for a pediatric opthamologist.

Office staff behavior costs the Dr. a patient and the surgery

Posted on August 13th, 2012

Dr. Lichtenstein seemed to be a very lovely and courtious during my sons first office visit. However, we didn't use his office for the surgery that we had scheduled. I found his office manager, Bonnie impossible to deal with. Her attitude was DIFFICULT, nasty, and insulting. Beware! To be fair, some of the office staff was better.

Mom

Posted on June 13th, 2012

Dr. Lichtenstein is wonderful with my boys. Unfortunately they both needed eye surgeries for different reasons. He is truly gifted and competent. My boys enjoy the visits because he is great with kids, knows how to put them at ease and make them laugh. He knows how to deal with nervous parents too :) Thank you doc!

Mikael's Story with Ptosis

Posted on April 5th, 2012

When my son was first born I could tell from the start that something wasn't quite right with his left eye. When he turned one month old I began taking him to various opthamologists who turned me away without any answers. I finally came upon a meritorious doctor whose name is Dr. Eric Lichtens who not only provided to me the sense of security and confidence I needed but also put a name to my sons problem. He quickly informed me that my son had Ptosis and revealed to me that my son was in immediate need of surgery for he had no vision in his left eye. If it weren't for Dr. Lichtens realization of my sons eye problem he would have permanently lost vision from his left eye. I am very grateful to have met Dr. Lichtens and I am appreciative of all that he has done for me and my family.

Posted on December 1st, 2011

I'm really glad. Thanks to him, he did a great surgery with my problem. I recommend other people that have any eye problems to visit him because he is a great doctor.