Dr. Eric Moffet Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Eric Moffet?

Love him

Posted on November 21st, 2016

Dr.Moffett has helped me emencely

Posted on August 10th, 2016

Dr. Moffet is an exception doctor. Where I live there are no psychiatrist so I have to drive an hour and a half to see him. his staff is always accommodating if I need to see him. I have been seeing him over 7 years and as my mental needs have changed he has modified my medications so that I can live the best life possible with my illness. He listens to my problems and often recalls person stories I've shared with him.This shows me that I am just not a number to him I am a person. Thank you Dr. Moffet.

Dr. Moffet

Posted on December 21st, 2015

Dr. Moffet is a very good doctor. He will listen to you and answer questions.

Posted on December 7th, 2015

Dr. Moffet is a very fine and excellent doctor. Remember, you do not tell a doctor what you think or what another doctor has said is wrong with you sign papers to collect your health history and you explain your symptoms. Next, the doctor decides the diagnosis. Also, the office staff is kind and very helpful.

Posted on October 19th, 2015

Dr. Moffet used to be a good doctor. He is very smart. I saw him for 5 years. Since he moved to the new office his level of care has dropped significantly though. He seems to be funneling as many patients through a day as possible to maximize his revenue. He wasn't like that before. He took more time with patients then and seemed more interested in patient care. Now, it's 3 minutes from the time you walk back to his office until he is walking you to the checkout counter. He schedules monthly visits but never makes medication changes so the monthly visits are not necessary. They serve no purpose other than to generate income for the practice. I dropped him as my physician and have moved on to another one after more than 5 years of seeing him almost every month. I have referred many patients to him over the past 5 year and many still see him. I won't be referring anyone else though.There are better options available.

Does not allow self pay with Medicare

Posted on August 11th, 2015

Perhaps this review will have someone else. I spent several hours trying to get an appointment. However, when I finally got someone who would schedule new patients, I was informed that they would not accept Medicare. We were referred to Dr. Moffet by a kfamily physician and a trusted friend. We were advised that no Medicare was excepted and that is my father wanted to see him on a cash basis, the doctor would not except his payments and thus would not take him as a patient.

thankful

Posted on September 10th, 2014

I thought that anxiety was a weakness and my wife need to just get better or tougher but after spending 15 minutes with Dr. Moffet and watching him interact with my wife and how forceful but not overbearing he was in helping her deal with her problem changed my thinking. Thanks

Good psychiatrist

Posted on July 13th, 2014

Dr, Moffet is a lot better than the doctors I've seen in the past. The staff are friendly and that's nice.

Great Psychiatrist

Posted on January 28th, 2014

He has moved to the Press Building in downtown Kingsport. Dr. Moffet listens and works with me to adjust dosages or prescribes new medications. I gave been going to him for 15 or 20 years and wouldn't consider changing to another doctor. My appointments typically last about ten minutes. He doesn't accept assignment with Medicare. I must pay in full and then receive a check from Medicare.

DOES NOT CARE ABOUT PATIENTS, JUST RUNS THEM THROUGH FOR $$$$$$$$

Posted on January 28th, 2014

Do not recommend this doctor to anyone who wants to be heard

Posted on January 12th, 2014

I went to Dr Moffet for about 6 or 7 months and in the beginning, he was helpful. However, that was only for a month or two. I have Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder, which I told him as soon as I began seeing him. He prescribed me several different medications, only one of which remotely worked, and of course, it wasn't enough on it's own. I stopped seeing him because he tried to prescribe me Paxil, which I later discovered was amoung THE WORST medications for rapid cycling. I tried to take it for a few days just to see if it would help. I ended up having a severe reaction to it i.e. tingling in my hands, several muscle tenseness, and severe headache. I stopped taking the medication and attempted to contact him to inform him of the issue. It took over a week to get ahold of anyone. And when I did finally speak to his receptionist and informed her of the issues, he had her tell me they had nothing to do with Paxil. FALSE! Every website you visit about Paxil's side effects lists these as severe issues and to let your doctor know immediately if you experience them. He obviously doesn't know the information he should about the medications he prescribes. On top of all of this, he tried to write off issues such as panic attacks and suicidal thoughts as simply being a lack of proper counseling and having nothing to do with the lack of proper medication. Yes, counseling does help these issues, but they tend to go much deeper than what counseling alone can solve. If you do decide to see him, expect to wait at least 3 months for an appointment and do not expect him to spend any amount of time with you to help you through your issues. He is definately a doctor who wants to throw that to the responsibility of a counselor and just wants to prescribe medication to get you out of his office. Office visits are 10-15 minutes tops, if even that. I definately DO NOT recommend him to anyone who wants to be a part of their diagnosis and recovery. If you like to do your research, he is not for you. If you like to fly by the seat of your pants and listen to whatever a physican tells you, than he might be a good choice.

Posted on August 13th, 2013

I love dr moffet however i wish he had email to contact him about med. Refills my CVS sent a fax and im out of zoloft.