Dr. Eric P Omsberg Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Eric P Omsberg?

He is the one doctor that I have seen who was correct and helpful.

Incompetent and Abusive

I had ACDF surgery that resulted in new severe pain and tingling down the other arm that was not present before surgery. He refused to admit any error on his part or to give an honest and intelligent explanation for my pain. This went on for months, despite severe insomnia due to severe ongoing pain. My ACDF subsided and he did not tell me, but rather put it in a note that he sent off to other doctors. He discounted the radiologists findings of foraminal stenosis and chose to blame me for overdoing instead. He sent off nasty notes to my PCP and other physicians that said I was doing too much. This led to my need to find new providers and impaired my long search for a new neurosurgeon. I eventually had a corrective surgery by a wonderful neurosurgeon. Dr Omsberg had refused to operate on me saying I did not need it. He verbally abused me several times when I challenged his treatment of me. He would not refer me until I had surgeons calling him. Then his notes were so bad that he had to do a nonstandard referral. No one should be treated as I was when suffering so much.

Maybe someone else...

The title says it all. He was very rude when I met with him which completely took me off guard as I've never had a doctor actually be close to insulting when I see them for an appointment, I mean really? He was the second I had seen and was completely at the other end of the spectrum with his thoughts. I got an MRI the following week and learned his opinions weren't correct.. I looked for another neurosurgeon doing some research and found this article in the Bangor Daily News showing he was found guilty of malpractice for severing an artery of a patient. Look it up on google.

Own thoughts..

I met with Dr. Omsberg about an issue I've been having. He was the third person I've seen and felt it was appropriate to have surgery. I kept trying to explain the situation but, he seemed he wasn't interested at all about what I was saying by cutting me off or stopping me. At the end he pretty much said I was fine and there was nothing wrong with me. I had surgery by a different neurosurgeon a month later, I have some permanent damage to my nerves because I waited so long.. I would definitely NOT recommend him, had he done his job I probably wouldn't have these problems now.

Doesn't Care?

I met with Mr. Omsberg and was warned previous to the visit about his attitude towards patients. The warning was spot on, we talked about my problem but, I kept getting the feeling he just wanted to be done with the appointment. I did some research and found he got found guilty of malpractice in 2005 and lost rights to perform surgeries at Maine General. I would ABSOLUTELY not get a surgery performed by him, and I didn't I went down south to Portland where I felt like I was cared about.

Too much attitude, not enough caring

Seemed like he just didn't care.

Someone else...

I was surprised at his attitude and arrogance, almost like it was an inconvience to see him. He diagnosed me wrong because, he didn't want to take the time to listen to me. Thankfully I didn't have a surgery performed by him, I learned later on from a receptionist at the Inland Hospital that hes had some straight forward surgeries end up with some pretty bad outcomes.

I saw him for nerve problems I had, his opinion ended up being wrong because, he didn't seem to care to take the time to review information from previous medical visits.

I appreciate the fact that Dr. Omsberg is well trained and extremely capable. In a neurosurgeon, all you need is excellence in the operating room. Bedside manner does not amount to a hill of beans! I cannot imagine that surgeons rate wellin this department or need to.

Dr. Eric P Omsberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waterville, ME.