Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric P Winer MD
Dr. Eric P Winer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with another office in Boston, MA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Winer is affiliated with Brigham And Womens Outpatient Pharmacy. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric P Winer has 2 locations
450 Brookline Ave Fl 7
Boston, MA 02215
Book Online Now
Dr. Eric P Winer has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Eric P Winer has the following 16 expertise
- Second Primary Neoplasms
- Blood Cancer
- Segmental Mastectomy
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hormone-Dependent Cancer
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Lymphatic Metastasis
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eric P Winer - Posted on October 12th, 2018
Dr. Winer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Eric P Winer Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Eric P Winer
Dr. Winer received his MD from Yale University in 1983, and later completed training in internal medicine and served as chief resident at Yale-New Haven Hospital. He subsequently was a fellow in hematology-oncology at Duke University Medical Center, and from 1989 to 1997 served on the Duke faculty, where he became codirector of the multidisciplinary breast program. In 1997, he joined Brigham and Women's Hospital and DFCI, where he is director of the Breast Oncology Center.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric P Winer, MD - Medical Oncology in Boston, MA, in this video.
Dr. Eric P Winer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boston, MA.