Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric A Pollack
Dr. Eric A Pollack, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bethesda, MD. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pollack is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center. Dr. Pollack has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric A Pollack has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Eric A Pollack has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Eric A Pollack has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
I love Doctor Pollack! He is the absolute BEST!
Dr. Pollack was everything I expected and more. He was knowledgeable, listened attentively, asked good questions, took careful notes, and explained in detail the range of things that he thought might be the source of my problem. He sought my feedback and proposed a sensible course of action. When I went in for the tests he again explained everything and his office was very professional and made both promptness and my comfort a primary concern. More importantly I was given pictures and explanations immediately after the tests, an email address to follow up afterwards which was actually answered by Dr. Pollack personally, and a follow up process. At no point did I ever feel rushed or anonymous. This is how medicine SHOULD be practiced.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Pollack is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1992
New York University
Dr. Eric A Pollack accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCapital Digestive Care, 10215 Fernwood Rd Ste 404, Bethesda, MD
Dr. Eric A Pollack is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.