Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eric W Powell has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 4 of 4
Yesterdays visit was a colossal waste of my time, energy and fuel. Dr. Powell barely looked at me when, as he's done in the past, decides he knows exactly what ails me, he starts mumbling about antibiotics, steroids etc. When I say, "WHY?" He says, and I quote, "Don't take them then, I don't care." I further explain that I was just wanting his diagnoses and he says, and I quote, "A sinus thing, judging by......" He goes on to describe very briefly symptoms that I had never mentioned. How long do you go to med school to learn what a "sinus thing" is? His office diagnosed me a couple years earlier with a B12 deficiency so when I told him I didn't have any B12 shots left and needed him to call in a prescription, he said, "take a vitamin". I told him I am a vegan and he shrugged his shoulders. What kind of DR doesn't know how serious a B12 deficiency is? He left to do his paperwork and I gathered up my daughter and my grandson and left. As I was leaving I told him to "never mind" and went to the front where I had to pay for this non-existent care. I've had nothing but great care from the other caregivers there in the past but yesterday Dr Powell sounded like he was reading from a script and I guess he didn't realize that I'd heard this script from him before.
22 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Medical College Of Virginia Hospital
Dr. Eric W Powell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Eric W Powell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brunswick, GA.