Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric Richfield
Dr. Eric Richfield, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Piscataway, NJ. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Pathology and Neurology. Dr. Richfield is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton, Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County and Robert Wood Johnson Univ Hosp. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric Richfield has the following 2 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Blood Testing
- Fluid Testing
- Huntington Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson Disease
- Secondary Parkinson Disease
- Tissue Biopsy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Richfield is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County
Robert Wood Johnson Univ Hosp
33 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1980
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Eric Richfield accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert Wood Johnson Medical School, 170 Frelinghuysen Rd, Piscataway, NJ
Dr. Eric Richfield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Piscataway, NJ.