Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric R Ritchie
Dr. Eric R Ritchie, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with another office in San Antonio, TX. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Ritchie is affiliated with North Central Baptist Hospital and Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. Dr. Ritchie has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric R Ritchie has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Elbow Injuries
- Closed Fractures
- Arm Fracture (Humeral Fractures)
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Congenital Foot Deformities
- Ankle Injuries
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Arthrodesis (Spinal Fusion)
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
- Knee Injuries
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Knee Pain (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Sports Medicine
- Legg-Perthes Disease
- Cerebral Palsy
- Leg Length Inequality
Showing 5 of 16
My son had an arm fracture and Dr Ritchie did a great job explaining everything he was going to do. I like that he doesn't sugar coat things - he's just straight & to the point with tact :) Gave us recommendations - I never felt rushed. I had a concern about something he said when I left the office so I called the office back. He called me back after hours to explain it to me again. I felt so much better after I talked to him. Staff was courteous - all around a great experience.
My son was seen for pain in his feet due to over pronation. We were sent for xrays during our visit and when Dr Ritchie was unable to completely rule out another problem he immediately sent my son for more xrays that showed everything he needed to see. He took his time to explain everything to me and answered every single question i had. I was beyond impressed with his bedside manner and his staff was all very polite and helpful. My son was a new patient and he was given an appointment the exact same afternoon! I highly recommend Dr Ritchie!!!!!!
Dr. Ritchie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Eric R Ritchie accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Eric R Ritchie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.