Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eric M Thorn has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Eric M Thorn has the following 25 expertise
- Obesity (Bariatrics)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Bariatric Medicine
- Metabolic Syndrome X
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Nuclear Medicine
- Diagnostic Cardiology
- Heart Attack
- Lipid Disorders
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Weight Loss
- Sports Medicine
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
Dr. Eric M Thorn is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I can easily discern the competency of a doctor in one visit. And after my first visit with Dr. Eric Thorn, I knew I was in the right place. Very much looking forward to placing my cardiac treatment and general well-being in his hands.
Dr. Thorn and his staff are top notch. They listen and make recommendations that are tailored to the individual. Their demeanor is kind and supportive, and they work diligently to put their patients on the road to long-term success and health. The follow-up treatment by Dr. Thorn and his staff is nothing short of amazing.
Dr. Thorn believes in holistic care and non-invasive procedures, which is unusual in the medical field. During his examination he listens, offers options and alternatives and takes the time to explain those in detail and layman's language. He speaks to his patient's face to face and is not typing on a computer while you are trying to talk about your medical issue. He is well versed in cardiac medicine, a leader in his field and enthusiastic about his work and his patients. I've only been a patient of his for a few years but look forward to his new office opening soon.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
17 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Eric M Thorn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEric M Thorn Md, 1625 N George Mason Dr Ste 354, Arlington, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric M Thorn in this video.
Dr. Eric M Thorn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.