Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric W Vaughan
Dr. Eric W Vaughan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kansas City, KS. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Vaughan is affiliated with Shawnee Mission Medical Center, Ransom Memorial Hospital and Saint Luke's North Hospital Hospital Ear, Nose and Throat Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric W Vaughan has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Eric W Vaughan has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Eric W Vaughan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Eric W Vaughan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Vaughan was attending Dr. in visit to KU ER. He relied on an incompetent resident, and when informed of the poor care, did nothing. I was in the ER 10 hrs for a common issue. I was not given pain meds for the first three hours with a pain scale rating of 8. Then given such a small amount of meds that my pain came right back. (And there was proof on CT that I had a pain causing issue). The CT took 6 hrs to get, when it is standard protocol for my issue. I had a horrible experience, poor pain management and poor communication. Scheduled for a surgery with zero information from consulting team, all left open ended. Had to find out from my primary what was up. Ridiculous.
I went in to KU med with abdominal pains and Dr. Vaughan was able to get to the bottom of it faster than any other time I have been to any other ER in my life. Plus he turned what was a slightly embarassing situation and made me super comfortable by telling jokes and keeping me entertained. I know it's luck of the draw who you get when you go into the ER but I was very happy that he was my doctor.
Dr. Vaughan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
University Of Massachusetts
Dr. Eric W Vaughan accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS
Dr. Eric W Vaughan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, KS.