Dr. Eric Pitts Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Eric Pitts?

Posted on September 12th, 2017

I constantly called for 2 weeks trying to get my prescriptions refilled and no help! I WAS TOLD THE SAME THING FROM HIS STAFF THEY PUT A MESSAGE IN THE SYSTEM FOR HIM! I was suffering bad back and feet with psoriasis!! I had an appointment schedule to see him the following week however, my meds ran out two weeks prior ! I was a cash paying patient he did not accept my insurance but I heard he was the best so I was willing to pay. He needs to get a better system for returning calls or calling in prescriptions for his patients!!!

He saved my husband's life!

Posted on August 4th, 2017

My husband had been dealing with a host of medical issues for 5 years, seeing one specialist after another. One of the problems he was having was a multitude of skin issues. Others issues were weight loss, muscle atrophy, burning tongue, neuropathy, just to name a few. Dr. Pitts was the ONLY doctor out of all he went to over the 5 years that stopped to look at everything as a whole. Not even my husband’s primary doctor would look at everything as a whole problem. On one visit in particular, my husband handed Dr. Pitts a paper he had prepared for his primary doctor (who never even looked at it) that listed every doctor he had seen over the 5 years and everything they thought and tried for their particular issue. Dr. Pitts not only read it, he asked to make a copy. He realized that my husband had something more than just typical skin issues going on. Upon reading the list, he immediately began to come up with a course of action. He was preparing to put him before the Grand Rounds at SLU, sent him to another doctor for a consult in their field and put together a series of blood tests he wanted to have run. This is where Dr. Pitts saved my husband’s life! One of the blood tests he decided to run was a very specialized test, which most doctors wouldn’t think to run. He said it tests something so rare (1 in 20,000,000), but he wanted to run it anyway just to rule out any possibility. It was something he remembered from his boards, but never personally heard of anyone having it. Well thanks to his thoroughness, we found out that my husband DID have this rare condition called glucagonoma. It turns out that the skin issues weren’t the only symptom of this form of cancer. As a matter of fact, ALL the symptoms my husband had and went to all the specialists for were symptoms of this type of cancer. Dr. Pitts acted very quickly when he found out the blood test results. He made sure we got connected with an oncologist and surgeon and forwarded all his findings to the doctors immediately. Dr. Pitts is an amazing doctor who is professional, thorough, caring and compassionate. He really listens to the patient and even respectfully listens to the concerned wife that tags along at the appointments. He is a rare gem in the medical field today.

Just The Dermatologist I've Been Looking For.

Posted on February 20th, 2011

Dr. Pitts, is the best Derm. Doc I've seen, and I've seen quite a number of them. He's very professional, patient, caring, and have exceptional bedside manners. He takes his time and listens to you; diagnose your problem, treat it, and get you back in for a follow up. You have to try him, you won't be disappointed. He's a really sharp doc!

Posted on February 11th, 2011

Dr. Pitts was by far the best as for his mannerisms and being professinal. He greets you, he looks at you while talking. I've exerienced those who didn't.

Posted on November 10th, 2016